Skip to content

Get Your Darshan of Karuppasamy at His Most Famous Temple (Madurai, India)!

February 3, 2011

Representation of Karuppasamy

Namaste everyone,

A few weeks ago, Dr Pillai (Baba) sent Mohini to Karuppasamy’s most well-known temple in the world which is located at Azhagar Koil (temple) in Madurai (India) to perform a pooja (sacred offerings to the divine).

Being at this temple was a profound experience as Karuppasamy is very powerful here. In fact, the huge temple doors to Karuppasamy’s main sanctum remain shut throughout the year because his energy is said to be too intense for most people to bear! That is also why the priest perform pooja to Karuppasamy at his temple door.

The temple doors are opened only once a year sometime in July/August during the full moon for devotees to get darshan of Karuppasamy.

You can get your darshan (sight of the divine) of Karuppasamy by remaining in a meditative state and chanting along with Baba as the priest perform pooja (sacred offerings) to Karuppasamy.

The mantra Baba is chanting to invoke Karuppasamy is KLEEM HAAAM SWAHA.

Look out for the very brief moment towards the end of video where you can get a glimpse of the inner sanctum to Karuppasamy’s shrine and see his sword!

If you missed my earlier post on Karuppasamy, you can read it HERE

14 Comments leave one →
  1. February 3, 2011 10:56 am

How auspicious that you put this out on the first day of Chinese New Year!
    Beautifully put together, thank you, Vijay!

2. Rashida Aden permalink
    February 4, 2011 2:50 am

Thankyou for this posting. I should like to visit this temple. Destiny permitting, if the voodoo on my life gets removed. Thankyou for this Vijay!

3. christa fischer permalink
    February 4, 2011 7:40 am

_/\_ KLEEM HAAAM SWAHA

4. Rashida Aden permalink
    February 24, 2011 7:40 pm

I love this mantra, I feel it is very powerful, Thankyou.

5. March 5, 2011 7:38 am

Namaste… Thank You Vijay for capturing this beautiful ritual.

It is a very auspicious moment to be in observance of all that has been presented for us in these videos… especially for those of us who have not yet had the opportunity to visit the temple personally. Many thanks.

Blessings, Agastya

6. Rashida Aden permalink
    May 22, 2011 5:03 am

Thanks for uploading these new videos. I have really enjoyed watching them. Its just what I needed. Really uplifting!

7. sethu permalink
    June 27, 2011 5:01 pm

can i know how to pray karuppar swamy?

8. Rashida Aden permalink
    July 16, 2011 5:51 am

thankyou once again for constantly uploading these new Karrupasamy videos I really appreciate it, they make me feel better.

9. partha permalink
    September 29, 2011 6:04 pm

hello vanakam,
    I am K.I. Parthasarathy from Bangalore, Yoga Therapist. Karuppanaswamy is our kula Deivam. Past few years i visit our kula deivam’s temple at Azhagar koil with out fail.

Many thanks for posting this video and Karuppanaswamy’s Moola Mantra. Many thanks to Mr.Pillai

10. devadas permalink
    December 9, 2011 12:22 am

What is 18bady karuparswamy mantra from alagarswamy malai?

11. kamalamohan2004@yahoo.com permalink
    November 5, 2012 7:41 pm

I just few days back came to know about karrupaswami and after that I started telling the mantra Hari Om…… and it has given me significant changes in my mind depression.

12. R.Gnanasambandam permalink
    February 23, 2014 1:06 am

Namaste let me know the address of Dr.Pillai to meet him and to know about lord karrupaswami.Let me know the actual location at Chennai.Please reply.Thank you.